Perkins Mansion was the home of Col. Simon Perkins, son of General Simon Perkins, the
founding father of Akron. Col. Perkins lived here with his wife Grace Tod Perkins and
their 11 children. This Greek Revival home was completed in 1837 and was occupied by the
members of the Perkins family until 1945. Col. Perkins was instrumental in bringing the
railroad to Akron from Hudson. He was also a member of the Akron Board of Trade which
brought Dr. B.F. Goodrich to Akron.